Sunday, March 29, 2009

Blazin Bad Suki

I just realised there is actually such a thing as time travel. In fact we all just did it a few hours ago. Fair enough it was only one hour into the future but hey the journey of a thousand miles begins with a step. Ideally we should be able to travel back in time, to whatever period we want and run amuck-i think thats how you spell it o_0 I for one would go back to NYC during the late 70's early 80's and go hit up studio 54, meet Andy Warhol and see grace jones and bianca jagger in action.

Aaaanyways, not much happened today, as per fooking usual. I managed to stay awake until about 6pm then next thing i knew it was 9pm and dangerous minds was on. I remember when it first came out and thinking the cast from the movie weere the shit, i cringe at the thought of thinking i would grow up to be raul. Matter of fact there's tonnes of shit i've done that i cringe at the thought of, meh its all in the past i guess. Funny thing is i keep doing stuff i swore i wouldn't, hating myself for it, then laughing at it all over again. We're only young once, so we might as well enjoy ourselves right. Wow ok this is turning into some weird pseudo therapy session. Speaking of sessions, i cannot wait for TAC. I haven't been since the christmas one so this one better be good. Even if its shite i'll find a way to make it savage, sure i've enough drink to take down a baby elephant so if there's a bad buzz i'll be hammered so i won't notice!

I'm debating whether or not to buy the sunday times today. I've been getting it since the start of the year, what turned into an impulse buy in centra has turned into some weird addiction. Truth be told i only buy it for the style section hehe, well that and HOME-to see which trophy homes the recession has claimed, INGEAR-for clarksons feauture, dr know and of course the hypochondriac(the comic strip at the end of this post), BUSINESS-well because i'm doing that in college and for the featured interview, and CULTURE and the sunday times mag. I havent been arsed actually reading those sections in full the past few weeks because i just jump straight into style to see giles hattersbys picks for the week(even though he hasn't done it for like 3 weeks >:[ . Its pretty sad that buying a newspaper is the highlight of my sunday but thats what my life has become. And the scary thing is i'm so used to it, i need a change big time.

Speaking of magazines, i havent bothered going into town to check if HOMME+ is out yet. Its funny how i used to read that and think nothing of it but apparently its a collectors item. I actually had like 4 issues, and then my mum threw them out....along with like 12 GQ's, 5 i-D's, 2 vogues(shut up!), 3 DETAILS, a shit load of ARENA's(R.I.P...for now) and my prized VIBE collection(they used to be THE SHIT, but now for what you get at almost €9 its SHIT, sorry quincy!). Either that or my intrests have moved ship, wouldn't be the first time. So yeah if any of you are in Tower records any time soon, let me know if its out or not. And POP, and Interview while you're at it. I've since restarted my magazine collection, but its kinda thin because i'm not arsed going to town everytime i want a good read...besides easons liffey valley don't stock i-D. They don't even do DAZED, ugh no wonder i hate the place. My friend asked me why i bother keeping all my magazines and i couldnt actually come up with an answer. My mum asked the same question, and she got the same response. Anybody out there know why magazines are the one thing you can't bear the throw away!

Right, the sun's coming up so i guess its bedtime for bonzo! I really should make a schedule for my day to keep me occupied, seeing as my day starts at 2pm and everything.

Peace and love


(birchcartoons.co.uk)
=]
Pictures: flickr.com

2 comments:

  1. hey maaan you should hit up the circus boutique in powerscourt.
    they have some rad magazines like dansk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah? cheers for the heads up! dya know where i can get fantastic man in dublin?

    ReplyDelete

Followers